Friday 3 August 2012

"By His Grace, God Has Endowed Us With Talents & Gifts That Will Bring Him Honor"

"BY HIS GRACE, GOD HAS ENDOWED US WITH TALENTS & GIFTS THAT WILL BRING HIM HONOR" ~ Lisa Lim 

God truly heard my prayers even before I accepted Christ and after that night, I began to put more effort and interest in my piano lessons. I have to thank God for my talent and the ability to play by ear and even my music teacher was also amazed with my performance and she suggested that I take part in the World Music Festival when I was 18 years old. And so I took part in the competition and emerged champion for my state. I could still remember that there were 12 contestants altogether representing 12 states. But I will not forget an incident whereby one of the contestant came to us and (a Christian girl) told that we need to pray before we go on stage. And so all 12 of us gathered in the costume room, held each other’s hands and started to pray.
Everyone is born with gifts and talents. What we do with those gifts is up to us. We can keep them to ourselves or develop and use them to bless others and bring glory to God. When Christ was moved with compassion to use His gift of healing, His tender mercy brought Him attention and praise. But He was quick to point to the Father and give Him all the glory. Exercising your gift honorably is sacred – holy – a form of worship and a noble tribute to the ‘Gift Giver’. What we are is God’s gift to us. But what we become is our gift back to Him. I strongly encouraged you to ask God help you discover and develop your gifts and talents. Let our gift shine as a light for His glory!
Lisa Lim ~ My Testimony (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment